Here’s the cheat sheet for Chambers County property tax dates and deadlines for homeowners.
IMPORTANT: Don’t get scammed! Learn how homeowners are getting defrauded with fake property tax debts or fees for services.
- Owners receive letters in the mail from solicitors offering to file their homestead application for a fee. Please be aware, there is NO CHARGE to file a homestead exemption application with the appraisal district.
- Fraud Alert warning from the Texas Comptroller’s Office
- Common Scams warning from the Attorney General of Texas
January 1: Apply for homestead exemptions to reduce property taxes.
- Click here to begin your Chambers County homestead exemption application.
January 31: Last day to pay previous years’ property taxes without penalty and interest. If you have a mortgage most lenders collect the property taxes each month, hold it in escrow, then pay the tax bill on your behalf each year. If you are unsure contact your mortgage lender.
May 16: Last day to file a protest for property taxes with the Appraisal Review Board (ARB).
- Click here to begin a Chambers County property tax protest application.
October 1: Tax assessor mails tax bills for the year. You can view the statement online at the Chambers County Tax Payments page.